12:04 Arrive back in DC...yes north then south then north then south is apparently how we do our trip. Find a parking structure luckily on try number one...maybe we are getting better at this. Our first stop is where the inaguration is done, realize the camera is going to die after only a few pics...crap we need to find a cafe to charge this thing. We do and have the best drink of our life in the meantime...seriously it was so good we didn't want it to end. We asked if they could make us them to go and put them in a coffee cup. nope. damnit. waited for the camera. done. Lincoln Monument, White House, Washington Memorial. Sight seeing came to an end, we didn't have a long period of time since we decided we were now going to drive to Brooklyn to surprise Alysons sister for the night.
4:26 we have already gone through 3 ez passes on the toll roads...it is not fair we have to pay for tolls, we don't have a choice to go through these...if we chose to go through them and throw our money away that would be a different story. Alyson keeps driving down one ways in the wrong direction...apparently the east coast has a lot of these and since she never drove on freeways or anything before moving to SD she doesn' t know how the roads work...nor do I.
4:40 pm Pennsylvania welcome sign should be coming up soon...look for it Alyson. "Deleware, welcome to Deleware?? What the hell are we doing in Deleware? How did we get here." Yes we were in Deleware literally for 5 minutes before New Jersey...it's a teeny tiny little state :)
8:05 pm Welcome to Brooklyn. Stopped at a stop light finding parking and a little girl with her mom walks b
y and she says very loud "OMG Wyoming...it's Wyoming...I HAVE to tell my friend about this!" hahahaha yes I am from Wyoming and yes it is a state lol it was the cutest most funny thing! Went out that night for pride with Alysons sister...Alyson tried to be the DJ; we all thought she was requesting a song...she got kicked out of the booth and we were confused. Until she told us "I was just asking if I could be the DJ for the night." now it makes since you retard haha this is why I love you! I tore my contact...and yes I don't have any left. How the hell am I supposed to see the rest of the road trip like this...shit! I should maybe just wear an eyepatch in Philly. I tell Ali this she says "you are not showing up here with an eye patch....but I do know where you can get really cool swords!" omg haha wow.
June 28th
On our way to Philadelphia to see Ali for the night, she is home on Vaca from SD. We meet up with her, she saves my life and lets me have one of her contacts that is pretty close to my perscription...thank you friend!! It was nice to see Ali and have her show us around a few of her fav places, met some of
her friends went to dinner and just relaxed with her...caught up on life! Miss her already!
June 29th
Wake up 10 minutes before checkout...seriously why is this a problem. Call get an hour extension til 12. Don't get out of the room til 12:45...yep. Decide to head to Albany to surprise Alysons parents...we are realizing our trip is very slowly coming to an end and want to be back lost in the middle of America and not on the east coast yet we are not ready. So here we are in Albany just relaxing and enjoying the time with her family. Will head to Brooklyn on Thursday for the weekend of the fourth then we will see where that leads us...maybe back to Albany; but maybe to Canada....you never know ;)
i had to follow you it was too sad to see no one haha - oh p.s. its kylee.
ReplyDeleteso are you guys gonna scrapbook this adventure? i think you should! haha
haha good I am glad ;) and yes we are going to scrapbook it for sure...have one more post coming and then it's the end :(
ReplyDelete